Seoul City

by - 5:46 AM

If you read my "About Me" section, you might already know that I'm currently living in Seoul City. I was born and raised in this city, so I decided to introduce some parts of Seoul and maybe give a little, useful tips for travelers or visitors. As you might already know, Seoul is the capital city of S. Korea. So, lots of events are happening everyday. This month was one of the most important months since election was going on, we got a new president(despite the fact that everything was and is going crazy in this country and it was my first vote!), and so on. I get to see and experience different events and I try to take it as a privilege. Seoul is the most visited city in my country and here I introduce my hometown.



🚍Transportation System in Seoul

When you come to Seoul, the first thing I recommend travelers to do is to buy a transportation card. I thought foreigners could buy one like in the photo, but the process is so much more complicated than I thought. It costs less than $2/2000won(in Korean currency) to buy one which is pretty cheap. However, if you want to get it, you have to go to this particular website to register the card specifically as foreigner. So, I thought it's actually a horrible idea to do that nettlesome work when you come to have some fun!

In January, a company finally came up with this one card named "Korea Tour Card" for a foreigner transportation card. You can get it in various places like airport, Seoul Station, etc., but I suggest buying it in 7-eleven because it's the easiest and the most convenient place to find. It's a little expensive than the local ones, less than $4, so I still recommend getting one because of the transfer system in Seoul. And you can recharge the card in the convenience stores (GS25, 7-eleven, CU, etc.) or at the subway stations.

If you transfer to another bus or subway in 30 minutes(on weekdays) and 1 hour(on weekends) from the time you got off the previous one, you can ride another one for free. Moreover, it's not just a one time benefit thing, but three times! (which means you can basically ride four different buses or subways, if transferred in less than 30 minutes)

*don't forget to scan your card when you get on AND ALSO when you get off the bus!


You can find more information in this website → Korea Tour Card



🏡Around My Hometown

 took this on the bus / my favorite view
that bridge is the rainbow fountain bridge
Han-River Rainbow Fountain or the Han River
This fountain looks beautiful either during the daytime or at night. Since my house is like 10 minutes away from here, I just go out whenever I want to. Additionally, you can ride a bike or rent a bike around this area which is the perfect thing to do in summer.

 Namsan Park
Namsan Park, well-known as Namsan Tower, is also quite near from my home, so I and my family love to jog or have a little walk in here. When I need a stress-free day, I love going here to relieve stress or to exercise. If you want to take a little break from a city life, this place will help you!

PLANT(vegan restaurant)
Even though I'm not a vegan, I love eating vegan foods. There are very few vegan restaurants in Seoul and vegan ingredients like blueberry, coconut, quinoa, chia seed, etc. are also so expensive. They've got one of the best smoothies like the one in the picture - almond blueberry smoothie. I can't drink milk since I'm quite allergic to it, so I usually drink soy milk since other milks like almond and other nut milks are expensive. So, whenever I'm feeling like I need to eat something healthy, I just go to this restaurant called "PLANT." 


This was a brief blog about my hometown&neighborhood. Wishing everyone a lovely day!:)

You May Also Like

42 comments

  1. Your town is super pretty! Hope you have a great week!
    xoxo Kirsten
    - http://hellofromthemiddleofnowhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsten! You too have a lovely week! xx

      Delete
  2. Your town is super pretty! Hope you have a great week!
    xoxo Kirsten
    - http://hellofromthemiddleofnowhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Seoul but I would love to! It looks so nice!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you visit Seoul someday! :)

      Delete
  4. I've never visited Seoul, but it looks gorgeous!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many places to explore in here! You'll love it :D

      Delete
  5. Seoul seems like such a lovely place and I would definitely like to visit someday!
    xo | Cindy Elena
    www.boringclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should visit someday! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. Wow! It looks amazing!! Thank you for sharing your images!

    Adela
    http://www.hautespark.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Adela! <3

      Delete
  7. I almost went on a Seoul trip with my friends this summer, but we went on a west coast road trip instead, because it was easier to plan and worked better with our summer schedules. I've got my eye on a Seoul trip for the winter though! I'd love to check out PLANT <33 -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear that you're planning to visit Seoul in winter! And I totally understand you chose the road trip because it takes about 14 hours to come here. I'm already excited for you! <3

      Delete
  8. I'd never considered visiting Seoul, purely because I don't know much about it, but it looks like such a beautiful place! Great post, Dabin.

    Olivia - The Northernist x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you Olivia! Hope you'll visit Seoul someday! xx

      Delete
  9. Nice place it seems. Wish to visit someday. Great Post.
    Nistha
    https://www.fashionistha.com/work-in-style/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Seoul is very small city, but there're many things to explore! :)

      Delete
  10. Yummy that smoothie looks so good
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the best smoothies ever! x

      Delete
  11. Great post.
    xx
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures! :) Thanks for sharing! I had visited Seoul when I was 2 years old! :P Have a nice day! :)
    xx
    Shivangi
    www.outoncatwalk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! You should revisit Seoul one day! :)

      Delete
  13. Love all your photos babe! x

    www.fromluxewithlove.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/from-luxe-with-love-14590195

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seoul is a city that I seriously would like to go and buy like all of the k beauties hehehe. But this is such a great post with useful tips.

    Nathalie
    www.nathalie-alexandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should post something about Korean beauty products next time! :) Thank you Nathalie! x

      Delete
  15. Seoul is such a beautiful city! Hoping to see it soon and your tip about the card was really useful! Thank you. Wishing you a lovely day! xx

    Andreea,
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! I hope you really visit Seoul one day! <33

      Delete
  16. I was in Seoul two years ago (almost exactly to the day) and I instantly fell in love with the city =o) It was absolutely beautiful! And the people and food! What an incredible city to live in =o)

    https://dreamofadventures.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Seoul! :)

      Delete
  17. I visited a few years ago and Seoul is such a beautiful city. Oh I didn't know it was that complicated to get a transportation card as a foreigner but having it is really useful

    Vicky
    https://vickysscrapbook.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also didn't know that it would be that complicated!

      Delete
  18. Hey Dabin, love the layout of your blog! I visited Seoul last year! I really enjoyed it! It's a diverse, chic and energetic city, I love the food as much as the fashion!!! I'd love to come back soon!

    xx Margaret
    www.maleemaleehong.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks! I'm glad you liked the food in here! And I'll be waiting for your revisit post to Seoul! :D

      Delete
  19. Hello Dabin! I'm so happy that you shared this thing about Seoul because guess what, I'm going to visit South Korea on October this year. I heard that South Korea is the prettiest while Autumn. This post is so useful for me, I wish that you would share more about another places to visit and about the shopping centre. Would love to hear from you!

    xx, Cinthy Kwok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already excited for your visit to Seoul! When the leaves change colors, it creates one of the beautiful views, I can tell! And I'll definitely do some more posts related to this. Thanks for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  20. Thanks for following my blog, I just followed back. Lovely pictures by the way.

    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete